Online access to personal tax accountSource: HM Revenue & Customs | | 04/04/2018
HMRC has issued an update of what can be dealt with by accessing and using a personal tax account (PTA). The PTA works like an online bank account to allow taxpayers to review all their details in real time.
HMRC has confirmed that the following services are currently available on the PTA:
- check your income tax estimate and tax code;
- fill in, send and view a personal tax return;
- claim a tax refund;
- check and manage your tax credits;
- check your state pension;
- track tax forms that you’ve submitted online;
- check or update your marriage allowance;
- tell HMRC about a change of address;
- check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance.
HMRC’s will continue to add more services in the future to allow taxpayers to manage their tax affairs online. The PTA is part of HMRC’s current strategy to move to a fully digital tax service.